Date(s) - 12/08/2018
12:00 PM - 2:30 PM
The Fitter Woman, Inc. Loves her Tribe!!!
Working towards raising funds in support of sickle cell research; one squat at a time.
The Fitter Woman has partnered with Jennifer Palazzo of Phoenix Muscle and #PinkNSexy4SickleCell to create the first ever Squats 4 Sickle Cell campaign.
On December 8, 2018 we will be hosting our inaugural annual Squats For Sickle Cell (#Squats4SickleCell) fundraiser.
The purpose of the campaign is three-fold:
(1) To raise funding in support of sickle cell research.
(2) To grow awareness about the challenges faced by Sickle Cell Warriors and their families.
(3)To create an event that connects people in the community through fitness and wellness.
How it will work:
- Participants will be given 1 minute to perform as many squats (or variations of the squat) as they can.
– Female participants will squat 100 pounds,
(Representing the 100,000 African Americans in America that are affected by Sickle Cell Disease).
– Male participants will squat 165 pounds
(Representing the 1 out of every 16 Hispanics who have Sickle Cell Disease).
Can’t squat???? Don’t worry!
- For participants that cannot squat due to knee or joint issues will be able to perform squat variations. Descriptions of the variation description will be revealed closer to the date of the event.
(Representing the cases of Sickle Cell that are not recognized as Sickle Cell because of the mutations of the genotype of Sickle Cell Disease).
Top 3 for men and top 3 for women will win prizes!
**********ALL are welcome to participate or donate**************
Orlandina Balan @TheFitterWoman
Jen Palazzo @JenPheonixMuscle
Venice Richards @PinkNSexyforSickleCell